Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Degrassi Star Heads to Broadway

Ordinarily I'm against any sort of stunt casting, but my heart did a little flutter when I read this morning that 'Degrassi' star Daniel Clark was joining the cast of 'Spring Awakening.' I love both the show and the musical so much, that it is a wonderful collision for me. I've got no idea if Clark can sing or not, though I presume that he can or he wouldn't have been cast. But I'm pretty hopeful, especially after Jason Tam (aka Shoe from 'Beyond the Break') rocked my world in the new Broadway version of 'A Chorus Line.' Jason had me tearing up and I don't like to get emotional. Not sure what part Clark will be playing, but either way I know that I'll be seeing Spring Awakening again when he joins the cast out of shear curiosity... oh and because I love the show so much. Seriously, if you haven't seen that musical, I whole-heartedly recommend it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Daniel Clark can sing. Or at least he could be for puberty.

Clarissa said...

Sooo I want to know if this is really true.
I've been doing my research and I can find it in blogs and what not, but not in any articles.
What's your source for this?
Not that I don't believe you.
I'm just a huge fan of the show and going to study in NY for a few months so I'd REALLY love to catch it if it's true.