Thursday, December 27, 2007

Getting Real

So it is my New Year's Resolution to get myself back in the blogging groove. Some may ask 'why bother' considering the seemingly never-ending writers' strike and the lack of 'quality' television around, but basically I just miss blogging. So if you are actually watching any of the craptabulous stuff that I've been watching ... let's dish. If you haven't... please tell me how you've been filling the empty hours.

After my obsession with 'Clash of the Choirs' - a stupid concept which was executed really well - and my utter bad reaction to 'Duel' - an overly complicated game show which was executed really, really, really poorly - I'm now hooked on the deliciously awful 'Crowned.' I watched three episodes last night. I just couldn't stop myself and I don't even actually like any of these people but I'm fascinated. Though admittedly, I'm kind of fascinated by all things pageant oriented. I love 'Miss Congeniality,' I adored 'Kid Nation's prissy beauty queen Taylor and I watched that HBO documentary a few years ago on that little girl Swan like 10 times. 'Crowned' isn't really good TV. But hey, I watched the Pussycat Dolls show, so my standards are pretty low. And well... there wasn't a new 'Pushing Daisies' to watch.

Still 'Crowned' has everything I love to hate about reality TV: catfights, crying and Carson Kressley. It's just hysterical to watch these mothers and daughters try and make like they are nice people when they are talking about who needs nose jobs and who has a bad figure, when really none of them are all that pretty. So for now... until wicked Wilhelmina comes back with her diva ways, I'm filling my need for bitchy glamor gals with 'Crowned.'

No comments: