Monday, December 31, 2007

I Believe ... It's Gonna Be a Happy New Year

So the other night we were riding in the car home after 9 pm and since we thought Isabel was asleep, my husband put on the soundtrack to 'Spring Awakening.' Let's just say if you are at all familiar with the content - you'll know why we wait until she's snoozing. But then all of a sudden while we are listening to the song 'I Believe,' we hear this little voice coming from the background saying 'believe' over and over again and then clapping. Apparently this powerful song inspired even my sleeping child to sing along. Let's just say I'm glad she didn't start singing along to 'Totally F**ked.'

Anyway, that got me thinking about what I believe in, and so here's my list of my beliefs right at this very minute.

- I believe that I'm actually glad I came into the office today because I got to see the testing of the ball drop in Times Square.
- I believe that even though I accidentally let my kid listen to a profanity filled soundtrack that I am still a better mother than Lynne Spears.
- I believe that I'm going to try and listen more in 2008 and talk less.
- I believe that the writers' strike will end at some point and I'll be able to have more than 2 scheduled recordings in my DVR for a week.
- I believe that I have some of the greatest family and friends that a person could ask for.
- I believe that I'm addicted to a new game show - 'The Unbeatable Banzuke' on G4. Trust me... it's almost as good as Ninja Warrior.
- I believe that even though I am far from a perfect person, I'm happy with my life and who I've become.
- I believe that I have the cutest two year old since Pearl.
- I believe that I am grateful to anyone who actually reads this blog and listens to what I have to say.
- And lastly, I believe that it is going to be a great 2008.

Happy New Year!!!

No comments: